- General Support
- Oneline & User Interface
- License Key Issues
- Downloading/Installing Software
- Equipment Modeling
- DAPPER (Demand Load)
- DAPPER (Load Flow)
- DAPPER (Short Circuit)
- CAPTOR (TCC)
- Arc Flash Evaluation
- Equipment Evaluation
- Cable Ampacity
- A_Fault (ANSI)
- IEC 60909 Fault
- IEC 61363 Fault
- TMS (Transient Motor Starting)
- HI_WAVE (Harmonics)
- Unbalanced/Single Phase
- DC Systems Analysis
- Scenario Manager
- Backup & Import/Export
Mobile App & MySKM Cloud Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can Anyone Download and use the app?
Yes, the app currently costs $299 per user and can be purchased and downloaded from the Apple or Google app stores.
2. Can we build new projects in the field vs laptop/key method?
Yes! You can certainly build new projects in the field and later upload to your MySKM Cloud account. Once you return to the office, you can use PTW to download the app project from your MySKM Cloud account.
3. What kind of library is provided with the SKM Mobile app?
The SKM Mobile app includes a simplified library for many components. The simplified library mimics our desktop software's library.
4. Is “great” cell phone signal required for this to work in the field?
Once you have logged into the app with an internet connection, you do not need cell signal until you want to upload the mobile app project into your MySKM cloud account.
5. What is MySKM Cloud and how does it download to the desktop software?
MySKM Cloud is a location for you to upload mobile app and PTW desktop projects. It's the "link" to get projects from one platform into the other. MySKM Cloud also allows you to share projects with other users.
6. What is the price for Cloud/and app use?
The mobile app is $299 per user. MySKM Cloud subscription is $1500/year.
7. With the MySKM Cloud subscription, do you still need the hardware key on the desktop software?
The MySKM Cloud subscription will be for downloading, uploading, and sharing projects to our server from the software/mobile app. It will not replace the USB key.
8. Can I use the SKM Mobile app without a MySKM Cloud subscription?
Absolutely! You can still use SKM Mobile as an asset management tool. You'll be able to create a system model, enter component data, take pictures/videos, notes, etc. and refer to it any time you want on your device.
9. How would a user view/listen to the media on the iPad before the oneline has been imported and on the desktop version of SKM after the oneline has been imported?
In the mobile app: In the Component Editor of each component, all media is shown and clickable. When clicked, it will show the image/video full screen.
After import into PTW Desktop: A new folder will be created that contains all the media files. Media files will be named with the component name first, followed by the type and date. (see below).
10. Are the photos/videos/audio files stored in the projects folder and transferred along with the project when importing with MySKM, or would they need to be moved separately?
All media is stored per component in each project and transferred along with the project when importing to the desktop program.
11. Can multiple pieces of media be attached at once to a component?
Yes, see below.
SKM Mobile App + MySKM Cloud Overview.pdf