- General Support Question
- Oneline & User Interface
- License Key Issues
- Downloading/Installing Software
- Equipment Modeling
- DAPPER (Demand Load)
- DAPPER (Load Flow)
- DAPPER (Short Circuit)
- CAPTOR (TCC)
- Arc Flash Evaluation
- Equipment Evaluation
- Cable Ampacity
- A_Fault (ANSI)
- IEC 60909 Fault
- IEC 61363 Fault
- TMS (Transient Motor Starting)
- HI_WAVE (Harmonics)
- Unbalanced/Single Phase
- Scenario Manager
- Backup & Import/Export
How do I recover a project that keeps crashing?
Validate your project database:
1) Save and close the problematic project.
2) Within the PTW32 software, click on the Project menu > Open and navigate to the project folder.
3) While holding down both 'Ctrl' and 'Shift' buttons on the keyboard, open the .prj file. It will now ask you to validate the database.
4) Select 'OK' and let the process finish.
Any problems found during this process will automatically be fixed. Also try closing the project and using the Project menu > Database Utilities to recover the project.
If the issue persists, send us a backup of the project. You can create a backup by clicking on the Project Menu > Backup. Please type in a new project name - this will create a new folder. Zip/compress the new project folder and email to email@example.com.
Power*Tools has stopped working